Thursday, March 08, 2007

Only one more day...

Yes it's true... We only have one more day with the kids. We all knew it would fly by, but that was just too fast. Let's see... What can I say for today? Well, we aren't going to get all 200 beds finished before we leave. That is a bummer, but they are going to get the remainder placed in the orphanage as soon as they are completed in a day or so. I know that today was a little more mentally draining for me, as I am sure it was the same for the rest of the team. The time to leave is drawing near, and both us and the kids know it. I can't stress enough how remarkable these boys and girls are. I also can't stress enough the conditions these boys and girls live in. Before I came here, I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize that my mind couldn't comprehend what it is really like until I saw it right in front of my face. To tell you the truth, I can't really even talk about it right now. Don't get mad, but nothing I say could even come close to explaining it. Just remember to keep these kids in your prayers. Pray that they grow in faith. Pray that they find hope in what seems hopeless. Also, pray that I can deal with what I now know when this unbelievable experience is over. I gaurantee that I won't look at mine or your "problems" the same anymore. So, don't expect cheap pity from me any time soon. If I had to say anything to anybody who is reading this right now, it would be for you to hit your knees and thank the Almighty God for the blessings He has given to you that you don't even know you have. I know all of that sounds harsh, but that is just the honest truth. I want to thank all of you that are praying for us as we are on this mission. We can definitely feel God's hand in everything we do here. For those of you that are friends of mine, I will see you soon.

God's grace to you,
Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment