Wednesday, May 28, 2008

La Biblia


Hello family and friends,

This is my first go at blogging for the trip. Today was a special day for several reasons, the first being that I received a letter from a girl named Diana (pronounced Dee-anna). I met her yesturday along with Adela and Tonya. Diana wrote me a letter thanking our team for the beds and asking for a copy of the pictures we took together. I had to ask Mya, one of our translators, to translate it into English. I was able to writŠµ her back and I am expecting another letter tomorrow.

Besides the wonderful friends I made, I was able to help distribute Bibles to all of the children. This was exciting because we were able to really talk to them about the gospel and show them how to look up passages of scripture. I loved watching my team members faces as they were also sharing with the children because they knew that the message we were sharing was life changing. Our God never fails and will never leave them. I overheard Amy saying that she had the children read Jeremiah 29:11 in their new Bibles after showing them were it was. It is amazing to know that God has a plan for each one of those children's lives. I showed several girls my favorite Bible verse, Galations 2:20 and told them that this is the verse that I try to live by every day, giving all the glory to God. All in all it was a great day and I am looking forward to seeing what is in store for tomorrow!

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment