Sunday, February 22, 2009

To the Least of These

Hello everyone!


My name is Becca, and I will be on the team going to Moldova in less than 2 weeks!! I am so incredibly joyful about this opportunity, and I ask that you continue to pray for us as we prepare our hearts and minds for this journey.


I am so overwhelmed by God’s grace and love. It was just over a month ago that I even found out about this trip, and now here I am preparing to go! God provided me with all the funds necessary, and He alone is praised for that. Thank you to all of those who have stood beside me and have given to this mission. :) You mean so much to me!


Proverbs 8:30-31 says, “Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind.”


This is how we should be with God! We should rejoice in his presence and rejoice in this beautiful world that He has created for us! Part of that is giving to those in need. Doing for those who cannot do! God has commissioned us, His children, to go out into the world and tell others of the Good News (Matthew 28: 19-20). If we are able to go to those in need and SHOW them as well as TELL them about God’s love, how great is that?! A bed is the perfect reminder that they will get- everyday- that there is someone up above who loves them more than they could ever imagine! I want these children to know that they are loved and cared for. I want them to know that their life matters because God says so! Don’t you?


I absolutely love this song by Matt Papa- it is called “To the Least of These.” (check out Matthew 25:40) Some of the lyrics say this:


“I will worship You by giving to the poor

By bringing hope to hopeless places

I will love You by feeding those in need

By touching their disease and their souls with Your love


You said what you do to the least of these

You do it unto to me

You know what you do to the least of these

You do it unto to me

How can I say I love You

When I do not love the things that You love

When my heart is hard but Your’s is broken for this broken world

So Jesus I will be Your hands and feet, don’t just want to sing anymore.”


I pray that that is our hearts cry. Whether it is GOING on a mission trip, or GIVING to one.


God is calling you to action.


I pray that you listen to him and do as He says. 1 Corinthians 9:19 says, “Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.” To me, this is the ultimate way to show God’s love- by being a servant! Serve those around you, and show them God’s love by doing so. Jesus was the ultimate servant, and if the Bible calls us to be like Jesus, then that’s what I want to be!


I am so excited about the next couple of weeks- I cannot wait to meet these beautiful children and to build them some beds so that they may sleep sweetly!


To God alone be the glory,

Becca


PS- Please participate in this special opportunity to double your gift! (check out below) No matter what the amount that you can give, you will be pleasing God by sacrificing what you can. Trust me, He takes great joy in that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment