Saturday, July 30, 2011

First trip to Africa

This has been the best trip of my life. I would have never imagined making this many new friends in such a short time period. Not just in the orphanages we went to visit but also within the team and getting to know everyone who is on our team. I feel that my relationship with God has grown throughout this journey and will still grow when I get back home. I have also learned a lot about myself. I always knew that I was very fortunate to have what I have and live were I live but it never hit me until I came here. I realized I shouldn’t take for granted what I do take for granted. And that I shouldn’t be so carless with the things I have. I have everything I would ever need and more. I am very thankful for that. Overall I am so blessed that I got to experience this trip with the team and go to the orphanages and get to know many of them and about them.

-- Amy Covington

No comments:

Post a Comment