Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What would you say?

What would you say if given the opportunity to share the Gospel with a group of people? The Sweet Sleep Missions trip gave me the chance to speak to the group of people that assembled to receive beds and netting. I prayed and asked God to show me what was important for this audience to hear.
My heart was to give God glory and to share the love of Jesus.  1 Corinthians 15:3-4 captures the heart of God’s purpose. “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the scripture, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to scriptures.”

God’s inspired scripture is powerful to convey His purpose and draw people to conviction. God knows the people’s needs and can work in ways beyond our comprehension. The Gospel is beautifully simple. God did it for us through Jesus Christ. We must receive it and apply it.
The people were gracious and smiled and listened. My prayer was that the simple message from scripture was used by God to work His will. God knows how to handle the needs and answer the questions that we all face.


I don’t know if what I said helped the people, but I know that my prayer and seeking God’s wisdom helped me as I prepared. I am blessed as I try to serve and help others. I simply give my best to God. I pray that God would use it as He chooses. My simple prayer, is that I would say what God wants me to say.

Ronald Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment