Thursday, August 16, 2012

Why I Give




- As a pediatric nurse, I obviously have a soft spot for kids.  Providing a comfortable bed, a mosquito net, a Bible for an orphaned or abandoned child was a no-brainer for me.

- For my 60th birthday, I wanted to have a big party, to celebrate with friends and family the blessed life I've had; but, while I wanted to celebrate, I didn't want it to be about me.  So I decided to divert the attention to a simple way to bless a child.  A win-win in my mind- we provided beds/comfort/hope AND we got to eat cake!!
This incredible cake was also auctioned off at the party for $50!

Thanks so much Kathy,  for sharing with us why you GIVE to Sweet Sleep!  
We want to hear your story! Share with us why you choose to partner with Sweet Sleep whether you pray, give, or go! "Why I Sweet Sleep" will be for the month of August!
Email your story to stephanie@sweetsleep.org!  We can't wait to hear how the Lord has used Sweet Sleep in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment