Wednesday, May 20, 2009

If for only one life...


Anybody who has ever sat and talked with me about our trips to orphanages knows that one of my favorite things about taking people to minister to forgotten children is seeing how God changes lives. And, of course I'm not just talking about the lives of those we go hoping to serve.

Over the last six years I've been blessed to see the joy on the faces of countless children, teachers, workers, translators, drivers and team members. Another thing I always say is that you can never know the impact you will make in the life of a child, or that a child will make in your life.

I want to share part of a letter I received this week from a child who lived in one of the orphanages Sweet Sleep has ministered in:

"I thought my life was a disaster all through my childhood, or let’s say all until 7th grade...I was in the orphanage from 1st to 9th grade it was a pretty bad life until I met this amazing woman called Jen. Since Moldova is a third world country we received help from foreign countries, and one of them was America. We had a lot of Americans coming to Moldova and helping with kids. They brought candy, clothes, activities and most important LOVE. Now let’s speak about love. What is love? In my opinion love is not just a word, it is a word that implies a lot of words. Some of the words are compassion, forgiveness, happiness, involvement, willingness to do something, and most important it is a relationship (well at least to me). I had a relationship with a lot of Americans that came to Moldova and I valued it. Every American meant so much to me..."

I don't know how else to share the importance of our work with you then to share about if from a child whose life was changed because of this ministry.

In a short time Sweet Sleep will take a group of YoungLife seniors to an orphange in Moldova to minister, again, to children there who long for love. I want you to join with me in praying for these young people and for their leaders and our staff who will travel May 30-June 7th. I encourage you to come back to our blog each day of their trip to see about what adventures God has given them. And, I want you to commit to pray for everyone you can think of who's life God desires to bring closer to Him.

One other thing. I want....I need, the children need, for you to sponsor a bed for a child. If you look up in the sky tonight, imagine you are seeing the Orphan Signal in the sky. We need funding for 77 more children to have beds to dream in. 77.....it's not that many children. Maybe you cannot purchase an entire bed, but can you send an email to a group of friends and together provide for a child? If so, we'll bring home a letter from one of the children you helped give a place of their very own. Feel free to use this blog as your own words. They are the children's words and wishes......let's do this together.

I'm praying for the team, the children, and for all who might read this or have the opportunity to be connected in God's unique and awesome way.

See you in the next blog,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment