Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Day One with the orphans is in the books...

What an amazing day. We just returned from visiting the orphanage for the first time, and I don’t know who was more curious and excited – me or the kids.

The orphanage was impressive in many ways. The Director was wonderful and you could really tell that she runs a very tight ship. Everything was clean and organized, and as a result the kids have a great environment to develop in.

The building itself was probably in better shape than I had imagined it to be, but I have to admit my expectations weren’t very high. The beds were as I had pictured them. I was afraid to sit on them for fear of falling through onto the floor. Our work here is very much needed.

When we were able to visit with the children you could tell that they were maybe a little bit unsure of us, but any ice was quickly broken when we broke out our cameras and phones and began taking pictures of them.

THEY LOVED IT!!

You could tell that photo opportunities are very rare, and seeing themselves on a video screen even more so. We were able to take a lot of great pictures that I’m sure I will cherish for a very long time.

After that we made cross necklaces with beads that the orphanage staff will probably be cleaning up off the floor for years to come. They went everywhere. And when we were finished with those, we had a bible lesson that they seemed to have a lot of fun with.

I cannot wait to return tomorrow and continue our work. I couldn’t be happier to be here, even though it is probably close to 20 degrees outside!! Until then…

Peace,

Nolan Cesnick

1 comment:

  1. L Postell2:44 PM

    Thanks for the update, Nolan - your day sounds like it was a grand success for everyone! Wish I could be there to meet those precious children, but for now I'll continue to pray for all of you! Lynn Postell

    ReplyDelete