Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Why I'm a bedhead...


It’s easy to get caught in the routine of life. Wake up, go to work, come home, make dinner, go to bed (maybe watch a little TV here and there). I was dabbling around on Facebook one day and ran across the Sweet Sleep Facebook page. Almost immediately, I was reminded of a mission trip I went on to Chisinau, Moldova in 2007. I remembered names, faces, and the emotions that ran high those two short weeks that I was there.

I started reading the Blog and two short hours later, I was in tears over the stories of orphans who were sleeping on infested mats, being swarmed by mosquitoes carrying diseases, I was lost in frustration and sadness. Even worse, I was picturing those amazing children I met a few years ago in that Moldovan orphanage suffering from the same situation. I didn’t know what to do! I prayed hoping God would immediately solve the problem and bring comfort to these kids, but we all know, that’s not how He works. He works through us.

I became a bedhead because I know this team of amazing people are not only providing comfort, but also sharing the gift of Jesus Christ to these kids. As long as I am able, I will be a bedhead, and hopefully one day, I’ll have the privilege and joy to travel back to Moldova, or maybe somewhere new, to share in this ministry. I continue to pray for this team and the orphans that they serve. Praise the Lord for the people at Sweet Sleep!

Click here to become a bedhead.

Travis lives in Nashville, Tennessee and works in promotions at Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing in Franklin, Tennessee. Travis is pictured above on his trip to Moldova in 2007 with kids and translators from the orphanage where he served, Internat #2 in Chisinau. To visit the facebook page that inspired Travis to become a bedhead, visit www.facebook.com/sweetsleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment