Thursday, November 03, 2011

Compassion


We leave tomorrow on our journey to South Africa! I am a mother of two...my son, Nolan, is 7 and my daughter, Ada, is 5. Over the last few months as I have prepared for this journey, I began to pray for my own children and how this would affect them as I am away for 10 days. Over and over, God kept revealing to me that my children are just as much a part of this journey as I am.
As a mom..we all want the best for our children...we want them to be smart, healthy, have nice things, have fun birthday parties, etc....but my biggest prayer right now is that both Nolan and Ada have compassion......compassion for those who are hurting, lonely, poor, sick, orphaned, people who are different from them... I want them to have compassion for other people like Jesus did.
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” Col 3:12
We began by watching videos about Sweet Sleep, talking about orphans and how we can make a difference..and actually how taking care of orphans is something that God tells us we are to do. Both of them have Nickels for Nets and Build a Bed boxes beside their beds where they save their “silver coins” ...and each night as I tuck them into their cozy beds we say prayers for the sweet orphans pictured on those boxes and for those orphans we have never seen.
So as my little ones will not be physically on this journey with me...I know they will be doing their part at home...saying prayers for Mommy and the people I come in contact with as well as saving their coins for nets and beds. I am so excited to come home and share with Nolan and Ada about the lives that will be changed on this journey.
Please pray for each of us traveling to South Africa, that we will have compassion and share the love of Jesus with everyone we meet.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful jenny! i will be praying for you & your fam - love & miss you - michelle

    ReplyDelete