Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Jen's Pen November 2012



Dear Friends,

This month I’m writing to each of you reading this newsletter with such a thankful heart. Thanks to YOU, Sweet Sleep is looking forward to celebrating TEN years of ministry in the coming year! Over these ten years, Sweet Sleep donors have provided over 20,000 beds to the world’s orphaned and abandoned children and ministered to thousands of widows, caretakers, and children.

God’s love has been shown in a tangible way as we have taught children that, when they pull the covers up around their shoulders, it’s like God is giving them a big hug. They also know that just as their beds will provide physical rest, in Christ, they will find spiritual rest. I have heard the stories of fatherless children finding their Heavenly Father through the Bibles gifted to them. And, just as I know of lives lost to disease, I know of lives saved and changed from protection a simple mosquito net provides. Without YOU as a partner of Sweet Sleep through praying, giving, or going, those stories would never have been shared. THANK YOU for believing in this mission and for being a part of these past ten years!
Exciting new things are happening here at Sweet Sleep as I’ve just begun a season of travel and ministry expansion! The first location I ventured to was India where I joined a small vision team.  India has the largest orphan population worldwide at 31 million children. This trip provided an intense time of learning and understanding the culture and religion while helping to cultivate partnerships and understand the ministry model needed for Sweet Sleep. I ask that you join me in prayer as I process all I’ve seen and as we work toward ministry in India.
Immediately following India I made my 31st return trip to Moldova! We spent International Orphan Sunday, November 4th, with the Bishop of the Baptist Union of Moldova, in his home church. This message was shared in print with every church in the Baptist Union: 420 churches, in three different languages!

Later this month I will travel to Ethiopia and Uganda. We ask for your prayers for Ethiopia as we strengthen partnerships, working with a pastor who has helped plant over 500 churches and placed more than 5,000 of Ethiopia’s orphans into Christian Ethiopian homes. Pray for Uganda, as we strengthen existing partnerships and build new ones.  Be sure to keep up with our travels and how the Lord is at work through Sweet Sleep on Facebook and our blog.

I can’t say thank you enough for your kindness, faithfulness and encouragement. With more exciting things to look forward to, know that without you and the Lord’s continued provisions, Sweet Sleep would not have been able to serve the world’s orphaned and abandoned children for the last 10 years. God, I thank you for each of these dear friends!

Sweetly,

Jen

PS—Christmas is coming! Every year Sweet Sleep’s “Give the Gift” giving opportunity allows us to provide beds to even more children. I encourage you, your family, school or company to start thinking of who you can “Give the Gift” to. Remembering or honoring a loved one this way with something as simple as an $8 mosquito net will save a child’s life in malaria stricken areas. Be on the lookout for our upcoming catalog with brand new options to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment