Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bonding with my father.


This is my second trip to Uganda. Last year it was the best experience of my life.  I learned that we really do take things for granted and we should be happy for what we have. This year I got the opportunity to bring my father and friend Amber along with me. They mean so much to me and I am so glad I got to experience this with them.

This was a great bonding time with my father. I never would have thought in a million years that my father would come to Uganda with me. He and I really stepped out of our comfort zones. He danced and sang and even painted nails. He did so many things that really surprised me in a good way.

I also stepped out of my comfort zone a lot. I sang to the kids and danced. I also taught a few different things.  I taught a lot about the story of Jonah and Noah’s Ark. I actually enjoyed teaching and everything. It was great to get out of my comfort area so I could experience more and see what I could really do. I am excited to see what else God has in store for me. I hope that I can bring more people on this trip in the future so they can see the love these children have. I thank God for letting me have this chance to meet all the people in Uganda. I truly love everyone here. 

Amy Covington <> Evansville, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment