Monday, June 18, 2012

The simplest things



Today, I spent most of my time with two remarkable little children. We just sat and held hands.  I love how the simplest things make them smile and giggle. This trip has opened my eyes so much. I am so thankful for what I have even more now.

When we handed out blankets, the children kept the trash that the blanket came in. That is so surprising, because I have never seen a child cherish the smallest things.

I am so thankful that I came and experienced it for myself. I have had the best time of my life and I can’t wait to come back next year. It is going to be so tough saying goodbye to the children tomorrow. I am going to pray that all goes well. I will never forget all the smiling faces I have met this week. 

Amber Newman <> Evansville, IN

No comments:

Post a Comment