Monday, July 09, 2007

My time here is almost over

This trip has really flown by this summer. I can not believe I only have three weeks left. It feel like the just the other day I was getting off the plane to my new home for two months. I must admit I am so excited to see the teams from Sweet Sleep. I can not wait to tell them all the stories and wonderful times I have had. These past couple of weeks I have really gotten to see what it feels like to be a true Moldovan. I have taken many buses and mass transit. I have eaten at all the nice little restaurants. I have seen God's love surrounding all the Moldovans day in and day out. I have grown so close to the children at internat II. I know every smile of every child. I know each child laugh. It has been amazing. Before coming here I didn't know what God had planned for me. All I know is he wanted me to come to Moldova all summer. Now that I am actually living it I know why he wanted me here. God's plan for me is different everyday. Some days it's making a child smile that I haven't seen smile all day, some days it is having a talk with an older girl about what she is planning on doing when she graduates, and some days it is just telling a child that I love them but more importantly God loves them. Everyday is different and I wake up saying to myself, "What does God have planned for me today?" The Rolling Hills team left early this morning. This team was amazing. It was so much fun to see how much the kids loved this team. Last weekend I had been kind of sick so Monday wasn't much fun for me. Tuesday I woke up feeling a lot better and decided to go to camp. I found out that the one of the teams from Rolling Hills was going to Cahul. I had always wanted to go there so I asked around and got to go. Not knowing that it was an overnight thing I hopped in the van and was on my way to Cahul. I had no extra clothes and no toothbrush. The children there where so different than at Internat II. The kids at Internat II are so used to Americans so they are very open and loving. In Cahul they were distant and quiet. No child would just come and talk to you. This was a huge struggle for me. I did have a blast there with Connie and Steve David and the rest of the team, but with the kids it was hard. I have been praying for this team all week. I know it was a struggle for them. I returned to camp on Thursday happy to see all the kids again. My little sponsor boy, Eugen, had gone home to his mothers for the week. He returned on Friday. I was so thrilled that he came back because I didn't know when he would. Please pray for me this week. I have a lot to do to get ready for the sweet sleep teams. I also just need rest. Can't wait to see you all and I will be praying for you all week! God will truly bless these two teams!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:34 PM

    I had to get the kleenex out. My eyes started to water when I read your blog. Wonder why? It was about time you wrote... ha!
    I can see how God has worked in your life this summer. I can't wait until you come home so I can sit and talk and get all the details of every day...
    I love you so much bekah-boo.
    Praying for you all the time.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:46 PM

    Hi Bekah, glad the summer has gone so well. It's hard to believe you're almost done (for this summer at least). Great that you were able to go to Cahul!

    Tell Andrei, Costea, Virgel and Ana hello for me.

    ReplyDelete