Saturday, July 28, 2007

Team 2 Is Headed Home

Well, this is it, the end of our trip. As I type this it’s 3:18 AM Moldova time on Sunday, July 29th. That means at home it’s 7:18 PM on Saturday, July 28th at home. We’re leaving at 4:00 AM to go to the airport and people are starting to stir in the house. The children in Calarasi were wonderful, we worked with an amazing woman from the church named Rodica, and I got to spend the whole week with my Petrica. He rode a bus each day from his home in Meleseni to Calarasi to help us build beds. I had a great week with him and yesterday got a letter from him that he wrote while we were doing our last camp day that just melted my heart. D’Ann, I can’t wait for you to read it.

Today we had some fun going to the zoo, McDonald’s, the arts and crafts market, and then to the Internat 2 camp outside of Chisinau. I got a chance to see some of the kids I met last summer. It was really nice to see the familiar faces. We ended our time at the camp with Bekah’s baptism. I was the one doing the baptizing (a first for me), and it was really moving for me to be a part of that. It was really a terrific opportunity for her to do that in front of all those kids. I hope that some seeds have been planted that the teams who will be at that camp in the weeks to come will see grow.

All in all, we’ve had a really great week. The team has done an outstanding job and it has been my honor to serve alongside them. Their love for Jesus has been evident to me at every turn, and they have shared it with the children in so many ways. I know with absolute certainty that the things God has done this week with us as his instruments will change the lives of at least some of these children forever, and probably the team too.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Stuart

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Thank you so much for baptizing my daughter-Bekah. I wish I could have been there to share in the experience. But I know how important it was to Bek to share her testimony there with those precious children she has come to love so much. It was only fitting for her baptism to be in Moldova.
    Bekah left home two months ago a teenager and she will be returning a young lady. I can't wait to see my Color Wonder!
    Thanks again for being such an important part of Bekah's spiritual journey.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete